Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare
G.S.R……… (E). – In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 read with clause (5) of article 148 of the Constitution and after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India in relation to persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department, the President hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972, namely:-
1. Short Title and Commencement:-
(1) These rules may be called the Central Civil Services (Pension) Amendment Rules, 2018.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 –
(i) in rule 38, for sub-rule (1) and sub-rule (2), the following sub-rules shall respectively be substituted, namely
Provided that such employee shall produce a disability certificate from the competent authority as prescribed under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Rules, 2017.
(2) If a Government servant, in a case where the provisions of section 20 of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (49 of 2016) are not applicable, retires from the service on account of any bodily or mental infirmity which permanently incapacitates him for the service, he may be granted invalid pension in accordance with rule 49:
Provided that a Government servant, who retires from service on account of any bodily or mental infirmity which permanently incapacitates him for the service before completing qualifying service of ten years, may also be granted invalid pension in accordance with sub- rule (2) of rule 49 subject to the conditions that the Government servant‑
(a) has been examined by the appropriate medical authority either before his appointment or after his appointment to the Government service and declared fit by such medical authority for Government service; and
(b) fulfils all other conditions mentioned in this rule for grant of invalid “;
(ii) in rule 49, for sub-rule (2), the following sub-rule shall be substituted, namely: –
“(2) Subject to the proviso to sub-rule (2) of rule 38, in the case of a Government servant retiring in accordance with the provisions of these rules after completing qualifying service of not less than ten years, the amount of pension shall be calculated at fifty per cent of emoluments or average emoluments, whichever is more beneficial to him, subject to a minimum of nine thousand rupees per mensem and maximum of one lakh twenty five thousand rupees per mensem.”.
[F.No. 21/1/ 2016-P&PW (F)]
(Sanjiv Narain Mathur)
Joint Secretary to the Government of India