GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RBE No. 137/2016
No. E(P&A)II-2004/RS-05 New Delhi, dated 29 .11.2016.
The General Managers(P)/CAOs,
All Indian Railways & Prod. Units etc.
Sub: Pensionary benefits of medically dccategorised running staff who opt for voluntary retirement.
Ref: Board’s letter no. E(NG)I-2009/RE-3/9 dated 05-10-2011.
Vide DC/JCM item no. 25/2004. PNM/NFIR Item No. 8/2015 and PNM/ AIRF Item No. 46/2012, recognised staff Federations have demanded that 55% of Pay Element be reckoned for computing retirement benefit for those running stall who have been medically decategorised and decide to take Voluntary Retirement instead of opting for redeployment in an alternative stationary post.
2. The issue has been examined in Board’s office. and it is observed that the issue is governed under the provisions contained in Board’s letter referred to above. To address the specific aspect brought out by Federations, it has been decided that whenever a medically decategorised running statT governed by RS(PR) 1993. who has rendered the prescribed qualifying service. opts for Voluntary Retirement either on his own or within a period of one month from the date of offer of the first alternative post. his pension may be computed with addition of 55% Pay Element.
This 55%, benclit will be reckoned after deducting the 30% Pay Element fixation benefit if granted already as per Board’s letter dated 05-10-20 II referred to above.
3. In case such staff does not give option of Voluntary Retirement within the outer limit period of one month specilied herein above. it will be deemed that the staff has accepted the alternative appointment offered and in this case, retirement benefits will be governed by extant instruction on the issue whenever he superannuates or opts for
Voluntary Retirement thereafter.
4. The period of one month to opt for Voluntary Retirement for those medically decategorised running stall who have already been offered the alternative posts. will start from the date of issue of this letter.
5. The above clarification shall take effect from the date of issue of this letter.
6. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
7. Please acknowledge receipt.
(S. Balachandra Iyer)
PDF file has been reproduced underneath:-