Com.Shiva Gopal Mishra
Sub: REPORT- INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY CELEBRATED ON 27.03.2018 AT SWRM UNION OFFICE PREMISES, HUBBALLI.
The South Western Railway Mazdoor Union, Hubballi celebrated “International Women’s Day” on 27th March, 2018 in the Main Union Office premises. Dr.Kirthi.P.L, Dy.Medical Superintendent, SDM Narayana Hrudayalaya, Dharwad was the ‘Chief Guest’ on the occasion. Com. Dr.A.M.D’Cruz, General Secretary, Com. R.R.Naik, Zonal President were the ‘Guests of Honour’. DRM/UBL Shri.Rajesh Mohan, PCPO/SWR/UBL Shri.S.K.Albela, Sr.DPO/UBL Shri.Shuja Mahamood, APO/Engg/UBL Smt.Anila Johnson APO/Wel/HQ/SWR Smt.Nagalatha graced the occasion as ‘Guests’.
Women’s wing of SWRMU Com. Jayalaxmi.J.Rakop, Chairperson of the Women’s Wing and Comrades Smt.Shaheen Adhoni, Convenor of the Women’s Wing , Smt.Parimala Karadi, Vice-President/Medical Branch, Smt.Mary Jessina, Asst.Secy/HQ br. Smt. Lakshmamma Talwar, Asst.Secretary/C&W br, Smt.Ashwini,Asst.Secretary/Station br Smt.Sushma Jadhav, Asst.Secretary/Admin Branch, Smt.Kamala, BEC Member/Elec Branch, Smt.Manju Bhashini, Asst.Secy/Medical Branch other Executive Members of Women’s Wing also participated in the meeting, About 1200 women employees from Headquarters, Hubballi Division, Hubballi Workshop & Stores participated and actively took part in the celebration of International Women’s Day. Many of them spoke on the occasion and brought out their problems.
Also Comrades V.E.Charkhani, Zonal Treasurer K.Venkatesh Asst.Genl.Secretaries, S.F.Mallad, Divl.President/Hubballi division, S.A.Albert D’Cruz, Divl.Secretary/Hubballi division, Com.Praveen Patil, Divl Secretary/Workshop were present.
The following are the main demands which were putforth and resolutions were passed unanimously:
1. Stop sexual harassment to women worker and whenever the cases are reported thorough investigation should be done to render justice to women employee.
2. Reduction in the working hours of women employees from existing 8 hours to 6 hours.
3. Provision of Separate Rest Rooms/Change Room/Rest Room for Women Employees to be provided.
4. Where the husbands are working spouse should be posted at the same place.
5. Women employees may consider on priority for Day shift as well in office only. If, in any case women employee deputed for night shift, a security staff (RPF) need to be employed near the counters dealt by the women staff for her security.
6. Transportation facilities for the women employees who perform night duties.
7. When compassionate ground appointments are offered to the women they should be considered according to their choice.
8. The 7th CPC recommended that 100% percent of the salary for first 365 days but only 80% of salary for next 365 days of CCL. This Union demands to withdraw this recommendation and grant 100% salary for entire period of CCL.
9. Women employees should not be posted or deputed to places where required facilities for women are not available like separate rest room, etc.
10. Change of category of Women Track Maintainers to other departments to be considered.
Speaking on the occasion, the General Secretary Com. Dr.A.M.D’Cruz elaborated the importance of Women’s Day celebrations which is observed all over the world on 8th March, every year. Narrating the conditions of working women at various workspots urged the administration to extend all necessary facilities as required for the welfare of women employees. General Secretary Com. Dr.A.M.D’Cruz spoke about the slogan of “BETI BACHAO-BETI PADHAO”, an initiative of Government of India to protect female child. General Secretary/SWRMU also highlighted the problems of Women’s employees like reduction in Child Care leave payment by 20% in the 7th Pay Commission report, Compassionate Grounds appointment for Widow/Married daughters, Change of Department for Trackwomen, Rest rooms for women employees, Request Transfer on Spouse Grounds. He also further highlighted the achievements of the Union & All India Railwaymen’s Federation and further assured the women delegates that their grievances will be taken care of by SWRMU & AIRF.
Kindly publish in your esteemed bulletin.
C/- Com.Smt.Jaya Agarwal, Convenor/Women’s Wing/AIRF for infn.