Grievances of Staff – MACP Anomalies
Government of India
Ministry of Railway
New Delhi. dated: 19.08.2015
The General Secretary,
All India Railwaymen’s Federation,
4,State Entry Road,
General S ecretary,
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen,
3, Chelmsford Road,
Subject: Grievances of Staff – MACP Anomalies.
Ref.: Board’s letter No. 2013/E(LR)II/1/17 dated 18.02.2014.
In the above connection, a meeting of the Federations with Board (MS and FC) has been fixed for 27.08.2015 at 11.00 hrs. in the Committee Room (Room No. 237). A list of issues to be discussed
2. President and General Secretary of the Federations are requested to kindly make it convenient to attend the above meeting
Dy. Director, E(LR)-I
Enclosure to Railway Board’s letter No.2014/E(LR)II/1/4 Dated 19.08.2015
(1) Financial up-gradation under MCPS to the directly Graduate Engineer – Considering entry Grade Pay as Rs. 4600/- for the purpose of MACP to all the directly recruited Engineering Graduates in Design/Drawing Cadre and other Cadres
(2) Third financial up-gradation under MACPS on completion of 20 years of service from the first promotion or 10 year after second promotion or 30 years after regular appointment – whichever is earlier?
(3) Grant of financial up-gradation under MACP Scheme in the promotional hierarchy (instead of Grade Pay hierarchy) – as per judgment of various Courts’
(4) MACPS benefits to railway employees – cases of employees joining another unit/organization on request.
(5) provision of all benefits on financial upgrading under MACPS – including entitlements for travel & treatment in hospital etc.
(6) Non-grant of benefit of financial up-gradation under MACPS to the staff on North Western Railway.
(7) Grant of Financial Up- gradation under MACPS to the staff who are in the same Grade Pay for more than 20 Years.
(8) Abolition of pay Scale and Introduction of up-graded Pay Scale with revised designation – Senior Section Engineers (Drawing) – Clarification on entry Grade Pay.
(9) Non-grant of financial up gradation under MACP Scheme to the Stock Versifiers working in Zonal Railways/Production Units. ‘
(10) Grant of financial Up-gradation under MACP Scheme – Wrongful clarification issued by the Railway Board.
(11) Wrong implementation of MACP Scheme in IT Cadre/ Granting of financial benefit under MACP Scheme to EDP Staff.
(12) Grant of Transport Allowance to the employees availing the facility of Workmen Trains.
PDF file has been reproduced underneath:-
What is the outcome of to-day’s meeting
RESTORATION OF PROMOTIONAL BENEFITS
requested to look in to the major grievance of Group-B cadre employees who’s hard earned promotional benefits were nullified by way of merging the posts having the same pay scales during the 4th CPC and 6th CPC. During the 4th CPC the pay scale of CM-II and supervisor were merged. Similarly during 6th CPC the pay scales of MCM, CM-II, CM-I, AF and JWM were merged. Due to this merging the pay of a person joined as CM-II was brought to still lower level ie MCM even after obtaining 3 promotions and the hard earned promotional benefits were nullified by the implementation of 6th CPC. But till date the cry of this affected group employees was not even considered as a grievance.
Finally a person recruited in the pay scale of 425 after 1985 was made equal to the scale of lower grade during 6th CPC.
CM is a promotional post to MCM
THE PAY OF A PERSON JOINED IN THE YEAR 1985 AS UN SKILLED MOVING TO MCM ON GETTING PROMOTIONS AS SKILLED, HS-II & HS-I IS 9600-33400 grade pay of Rs 4200/- without MACP benefit
D/MAN or CM-II
THE PAY OF A PERSON JOINED IN THE YEAR 1985 AS D/MAN or CM-II MOVING TO JWM ON GETTING PROMOTIONS CM-I & A/F IS 9600-33400 grade pay of Rs 4800/- with MACP benefit
The MACP is a fallback option replacing the ACP,.
Hence it is requested to kindly include one more point that “RESTORATION OF PROMOTIONAL BENEFITS” .