GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (भारत सरकार)
Ministry of Railways (रेल मंत्रालय)
Railway Board (रेलवे बोर्ड)
RBE No: 103/2022
PC-VII No. 189
File No. PC-VII/2021/RSRP/7
The General Manager/CAOS(R),
New Delhi, dated:29/08/2022
All India Railways & Production Units, (As per mailing list)
Sub: Stepping up of pay cases arisen on grant of next increment to junior – reg.
Please refer to following OMs of Ministry of Finance/Department of Expenditure as adopted in Ministry of Railways regarding clarification on date of next increment – Rule 10 of RS(RP) Rules, 2016: Details of OM of Ministry of Corresponding letters
- Subsequent to issue of above letters, certain cases has come to notice wherein seniors who have been promoted or granted financial upgradation before 01.01.2016, are getting less pay than the juniors who have got promotion/financial upgradation after 01.01.2016. Extant provisions regarding stepping up of pay of seniors available in RS(RP) Rules, 2016 are not applicable in such cases. The issue has been examined in consultation with Ministry of Finance/Department of Expenditure.
- On the subject matter, Ministry of Finance/Department of Expenditure have clarified that “If seniors who have been promoted or granted financial upgradation before 01.01.2016, are getting less pay than the juniors who have got promotion/financial upgradation after 01.01.2016, then the seniors may be granted stepping up of pay in comparison to those juniors, where such juniors government servants accrued the next increment on the following 1 January or 1″ July on completion of a period of 6 months qualifying service as per DoE’s OM No. 4-21/2017-IC/E.III(A) dated 31.07.2018, provided the conditions laid down therein are strictly fulfilled, and also to ensure that junior is drawing the same pay six months before the senior, i.e. stepping up of pay is to be extended to the senior only when pay drawn by the junior as on 1 January/1 July is drawn by the senior after 6 months on 1 July/1″ January, as the case may be”.
- Necessary action in respect to the cases failing under the conditions mentioned in para 2 above may be taken accordingly. There is no change in the conditions mentioned in Board’s letters mentioned above. It may be ensured that above clarification are applicable only in
- cases wherein existing provisions of stepping up of pay are not applicable and conditions mentioned above are strictly fulfilled.
5. Hindi versions will follow.
(Jaya Kumar G)
Dy. Director/Pay Commission-VII & HRMS Railway Board
Ph. No. 011-47845132