RBE No. 47/2017
Government of India (Bharat Sarkar)
Ministry of Railways(Raii Mantralaya)
D-43/11/2017-F(E)III New Delhi, Dated: I5 .05.2017.
The GMs, FA&CAOs,
All Zonal Railways/Production Unit,
(As per mailing List)
Subject: Amendment to the provisions of State Railway Provident Fund — liberalization of provisions for withdrawals from the Fund by the Subscribers – regarding.
The provisions of final withdrawal by the subscribers from the State Railway Provident are contained in Rule 925 of the Indian Railway Establishment Code (IREC) Vol.l/1985—Edition. Some amendments have been made from time to time to address the concerns raised by the subscribers. There is a felt need to liberalize tie provisions, raise the limits and simplify the procedure.
2. The provisions of Rule 925 of the Code ibid have been reviewed and it has now been decided to permit withdrawals from tle State• Railway Provident Fund (SRPF) for the following purposes:-
(i) Education — This will include primary, secondary and higher education, covering all streams and institutions,
(ii) Obligatory Expenses viz. betrothal, marriage, funerals, or other ceremonies of self or family members and dependents,
(iii) Illness of self, family members or dependents,
(iv) Purchase of consumer durables.
3. It has been deeded to permit withdrawal of upto twelve months pay or three-fourths of the amount standing at credit, whichever is less. For illness, the withdrawal may be allowed upto 90% of the amount standing at credit of the subscriber. A subscriber may seek withdrawal after completion of ten years of service
(v) Housing, including building or acquiring a suitable house or a ready built fiat for his residence,
(vi) Repayment of outstanding housing loan:
(vii) Constructing a house on a site acquired,
(viii) Purchase of house site for building a house
(ix) Reconstructing or making additions on a house already acquired.
(x) Renovating, additions or alterations of ancestral house.
4. A subscriber may be allowed to withdraw the amount actually subscribed by him along with interest thereon standing to his credit or the actual cost whichever is less in cases of withdrawal under (v) to (vii) above. In cases of (viii) to (x) withdrawal up to 90% may be allowed. It has also been decided to do away with tie present instructions which lay down the subsequent to the sale of house for which SRPF withdrawal has been availed, the amount withdrawn has to be deposited back. SRPF withdrawal for housing purposes will no longer be linked with the limits prescribed under HBA Rules. A subscriber may be permitted to avail the facility at any time during his service.(xi) Purchase, of motor car/motor cycle/Scooter etc. or repayment of loan already taken for purpose.
(xii) Extensive repairs/overhauling of motor car,
(xii) Making deposit to book a motor car/motor cycle/scooter, moped etc.
5. A subscriber may be permitted to withdaw three-fourths of amount standing at credit or cost of the vehicle, whichever is less for the above purposes. Withhdrawal for the above purpose will be permitted after completion of 10 yen of service.
6. Presently, withdrawal of upto 90% of balance assigning reasons is allowed for railway servants who are due for retirement on superannuation within a year. It is proposed that his may be allowed for upto two years before superannuation.
7. In all cases of withdrawal from the Fund by the subscriber the Controlling Officer is competent to sanction withdrawal. No documentary proof will be required to be furnished by be subscriber. A simple declaration form by the subscriber explaining the reasons for withdrawil would be sufficient.
8. In the State Railway Provident Fund (SRPF) Rules, no time limit has been prescribed for sanction and payment of withdrawal amount Therefore it has been decided to prescribe a maximum time limit of fifteen for sanction and payment of withdrawal from Fund. In case emergencies like illness etc., time limit may be restricted to seven days.
DY. Director Finance (Estt.)IIl,